I’ve followed the success of 50 Shades of Grey with a mixture of jealousy and indignant jealousy. In case you haven’t heard, this book is the latest literary sensation that’s turned a writer of fan fiction, E.L. James, into an overnight majillionaire.
No. I haven’t read it. In fact, I thought it was about the Civil War. And, in a sense, it is. (Insert bondage joke here.)
But, I’ve heard a few people talk about it. And, it’s not that good, in a literary sense. It’s just fun, in a sick-twisted-kind-of-way… my friends’ words, not mine.
So, I guess those who aren’t inclined to write bondage tales are out of luck when it comes to making money. Right?
James’ success isn’t so much a story of literary success as it is the success of the internet. The book started out online as fan fiction on a Twilight website.
So. Hang on.
Here’s a thought. Maybe there are more ways to make money–more ways that are fun, exciting, and perhaps will not require an inordinate amount of blushing.
Think of it as an easy way to get out of bondage. (Insert second bondage joke here.)
Here we go…
1. Invest. Seeking Alpha’s a good place to start.
2. Long-term it. Become a value investor. Here’s a good place to learn about it.
3. You can trade options. You can try this book.
4. Trade stocks on the short term. Check out this site for some insights.
5. Follow trend-following techniques for big money. Michael Covel’s an expert.
6. Buy into a great start-up (coming soon) Here’s a post about the details.
7. Win the lottery.
8. How about blogging?
9. How about blogging like a copy writing?
10. You could try autotrading at Collective 2!
11. Make money with Google ads.
12. Make money with Twitter.
13. Make money with Facebook. Check out the video.
14. Make money with Pinterest–a post on Squidoo.
15. Speaking of Squidoo, here’s a Hubpage about making money on Squidoo.
16. Speaking of Hubpages, here’s a post on how to make money there.
17. Earn cash selling content.
18. Sell your crafts.
19. Hell, sell your art!
20. Make money on Cafe Press. Here are some hints from Noobpreneur.
21. Or, try Zazzle.
21. Sell your eBooks. You can see some ways some successful eBook writers did it.
22. Publish through Createspace.
23. Publish through Lulu.
24. Become a Yahoo Contributor.
25. Become a Helium Contributor.