Home > Dreams Come True, Internet, Money, Success > Rich Dad’s Cashflow Game is Now Free!

Rich Dad’s Cashflow Game is Now Free!

After playing Cashflow 101 and 102 for a few years now, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that you can actually play for free, online. Just go to the Rich Dad site and click on Cashflow.

Update – I didn’t find the link on the home page, but you can get to the game here: https://webgame.richdad.com. If you don’t have an account on the site, go to the homepage and create one. It’s free. Then you should be able to play the Cashflow game for free.

I like Cashflow because it actually teaches people about how to manage their finances. Many people like to write off games as a waste of time, but they are actually a powerful learning tool. We automatically play games the way we play life. So, when we learn how to play a game better, it changes the way we act in life.

I have heard many stories about accountants and CFO’s who are great at managing their client’s and their employer’s finances, but act completely differently with their own money. They make sure that their company is running a positive cash flow, but they use credit cards to buy whatever they want for themselves. Their employer is in a strong financial position, but they are loaded up with debt.

I think a game like Cashflow is a good way to change this. Reading books and listening to CD’s is good, but it is even better to interact. Interaction through games allows us to process what we a learning on a deeper level. It allows us to absorb new knowledge and grow faster.

Another interesting thing about the game is that it teaches us that the lower our salary, the easier it is to retire. This is the exact opposite of the way that most people think about active income. If you suggest that it is easier to retire on a janitor’s salary than on a CEO’s, people will look at you like you are crazy. But I think that it is true.

Retirement, or financial freedom, is defined as passive income being greater than monthly expenses. So, if a janitor makes $1,200 per month, he only needs $1,200 of passive income to retire. Now, consider a CEO who’s salary is $50,000 per month. He would need to make $50,000 per month in passive income to retire. Which do you think is more difficult?

I think this is an important concept because most people with low salaries feel that they are at some kind of disadvantage. I don’t agree. Pretty much everyone I know spends as much money as they make, and usually a little more. It’s the American Way. This is just as true for people who are making minimum wage as it is for executives making 6 figures annually.

Anyway, that’s some random thoughts on Cashflow and passive income. Enjoy the game!

Email This Post Email This Post     |     Print This Post Print This Post

This post has been brought to you by . Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

The future is here.

Learn how to use Accelerating Technology to make money.

Special promotional price.

1. January 24th, 2011 at 13:38 | #1

Playing the game (101&202) has been very beneficial for me. I’ve had the games for the past year. However, translating the game to real life is not as straightforward as you might guess. I’ve found that experimenting with real money can be too costly. Recently though some revenue gathering games have found a way to allow the general population to get a feel of how is it to play around and risks tens of thousands of dollars without losing any money. The principle that these games use is that a bunch of users comes together and gathers some money by the means of earning it online (you never pay anything). Once sufficient amount is reached players agree on what to do with the money. A great way to experiment with real money. I’ve joined one of the newer revenue gathering games names MagnusCash (at magnuscash.com obviously) and found that it gives a lot better feeling of these principles in real life. The project in which you can train your cashflow skills on MagnusCash is called ‘Cashflow Trainer’.

2. January 31st, 2011 at 00:50 | #2

I would prefer the cardboard version of cashflow game where you have human interactions between each players. It’s not just about the game but also the motivations you get from people around you with the same mindset.

3. Noya
    May 4th, 2011 at 09:06 | #3

@dokma

A would like to post a correction to access the game for free. The link provided above is not fully functional, but you may access a fully functional version by visiting…Again, you will need to create a free login if you don’t already have one.

4. May 4th, 2011 at 09:34 | #4

@Noya

Thanks for the update. Yes, that seems like it might be easier. If you don’t have an account click on “register here”.

5. October 3rd, 2011 at 02:03 | #5

Oh it’s free? I didn’t know that. Thanks for the link btw. I’ll check it out.

6. November 7th, 2011 at 20:52 | #6

Thanks to the article, I\’ve bookmarked this and will be back.

7. pradeep
    December 17th, 2011 at 11:29 | #7

i am unable to login

8. John Linkins
    March 26th, 2012 at 23:38 | #8

Hi I am trying to get on the free website for Cashflow and it is not recognizing my password. Please help as I am desparate to start playing

9. March 27th, 2012 at 06:16 | #9

@John,

I think you need to go to http://www.richdad.com/ and register. Fill out the info on the right side and click “Join Today”.

10. Wally G
    July 15th, 2012 at 14:16 | #10

Great post bro! thanks. However, you got a very important concept a little mixed up. It is much EASIER to retire with a higher Salary/Income than it is with a lower one.

I think you got it a bit mixed up because in the game, a lower Salary usually implies lower EXPENSES, and vice versa. As it is, developing passive income that exceeds this number (EXPENSES) would naturally take less time than if that number was larger.

In either case, one could always use their Cash On Hand (SAVINGS in real life) to pay down debt, which reduces their EXPENSES. This strategy, of course, makes the “retirement” goal more readily attainable.

Again, thank you so much for the post bro! I greatly admire your enthusiasm. Keep studying!

11. July 15th, 2012 at 15:47 | #11

@Wally – Are you sure? I remember distinctly that the lower the salary, the easier to retire. In fact, that is probably the biggest lesson I learned from the game. I think lower salary means lower passive income to retire. Lower passive income is easier to achieve.

Anyway, send me an email and we can play online and work it out that way.

12. Idaho Wood Sheds
    August 20th, 2012 at 15:21 | #12

Thank you for the information, when I googled: “free cashflow game” your blog came up. Interesting to read.

13. November 1st, 2012 at 09:23 | #13

What i like about cash flow game is that it actually helps in learning how to manage finances.Games are a great powerful learning tool.Its great that this game is now free.

1. No trackbacks yet.